Oh my.. I am on a wing kick. Remember I did the buffalo chicken sandwiches with blue cheese celery slaw? This is similar, but no bun and a crunchy crust. Mmm, crunchy crust.
They were store brand “fast food” style. Yep,they really said that. And, yes… they tasted a lot like the ones from the golden arches… however much less salty. That’s because I don’t have one of those snowstorm salt shakers like they do..oh well.
Now, I have some naked chicken boobies here that have been stuffed. I over stuffed. Oh well..
|blue cheese and celery stuffed chicken with buffalo sauce||
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups Japanese style bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cut a slit in each chicken breast and fill each with the mixture, secure if needed with toothpicks.
- Dredge each breast in flour and then in the egg/milk mixture.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat,
- Place chicken breasts in pan and allow to cook for 4-6 minutes each side to develop a crust.
- Don’t try to turn them too quickly.
- Finish baking in an oven at 350 for 25 minutes.