Well, remember my previous post? You know, the kitchen failure? Well… I did a re-do.
I think it’s going to be made a lot.Especially once school starts. Because it’s perfect for breakfasts and lunchboxes. It can be bread or muffins, also. Yay to that. 🙂
So, this one came out much better. Yippee to that. It’s so disappointing when things don’t happen as you think they are. But, then again… it all worked out, because I know it was comporting to y’all that I screw up. I do… a lot.
I once burnt a pot so bad it melted. Literally the metal melted.
What was I making? Pasta.I was boiling water and walked away.
I didn’t know my stove could get that hot.
Anyway… it’s almost back to school time here (2 weeks) and that means sandwich-season. I found this awesome “cookbook” of sandwiches. Can that really be called a cookbook? I mean, you really don’t “cook” them. I know, some you cook… but this “cookbook” just has lunchbox ones.
Some are really “weird” – cream cheese and chutney anyone? Butter and radish?
I guess I call them weird because I have never had them. I’ll have to try them so then I can call them weird and gross.
|cherry almond bread||
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, coarsely chopped and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients, toss in the cherries and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, egg and milk- stir well.
- Gently fold the two mixtures together.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Back to bread!