I know, a lot of y’all love chocolate. And, on occasion I’m a huge fan of chocolate. Especially fudge or hot fudge sauce. But… sometimes you want a little change, sometimes you don’t want deep, dark rich chocolate… you want creamy smooth milky white chocolate instead. At least I do sometimes.
I know I can’t just go into a recipe with out a tiny explanation of my absence. I know you weren’t buying me just giving you brownies and let’s pretend I didn’t go missing for
days weeks. Where I have been? Why haven’t I been here lately sharing recipes and assorted dramas that occur in domestic motherhood? Well, let’s see…
In December I have 5 birthdays, my anniversary, Christmas and New Years.
In December I also was blessed with the opportunity to work with a wonderful company and develop five recipes and photograph them all.
In December I got sick, but thankfully it was short lived.
In December, my house flooded and now we are going to have to replace the tile and flooring in the bedrooms…. and stay in a hotel for a week.
In December my oldest daughter contracted head lice… and as most of y’all know I’m a psycho germ-a-phob on occasion, and as a child I was a compulsive hand-washer… so, the days of de-lousing the home were very intense. (Mainly for just me, though)
In December my hubby and I celebrated our 6th year of marriage by staying home and witnessing my youngest losing her first tooth.
And, most importantly in December my husband made a change in his life that will affect him for all eternity. (Yes, that’s a very good thing)
Sooooooo…… my “New Year” didn’t officially start until school was back in session (Jan 7th) and, I still owe you guys cook book giveaways, more food and of course, some good ideas here and there. Which I will. Promise.
Just for today, I’m bribing you with brownies. To stick around and keep visiting. I’ll be back tomorrow. heck, maybe even later today. 🙂
White Chocolate Blondies (Yield: 16 bars: adapted from Ghirardelli)
- White Chocolate Blondies Yield: 16 bars: adapted from Ghirardelli
- 8 ounce s White Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 cup s white Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup s unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup s granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon s pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup s all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon s salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray.
- Place the white chocolate bar, 1 cup of chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stir and then repeat at 30 second increments, stirring between each. Your goal is to see small chunks left as they will dissolve as you stir another minute.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until they are frothy. Add the sugar slowly as you continue to beat. Add the vanilla and then the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Gently fold in the flour, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool and then enjoy with a side of cold milk.
You must be logged in to post a comment.