goldfish crusted chicken nuggets~ two kid favorites in one
I had an epiphany the other day. I’m going to bread everything with snack foods. I decided most everything will work, and the possibilities are endless. And, it’s fun to crush things like chips and crackers- you know, kind of like stepping on crunchy leaves.
And, I won’t have to stress anymore when the bag boy piles my cans of Spaghetti Os on top of my “breakable” foods. He’s just helping me prep now, right? Sweet. My own sous chef.
I could have placed my Goldfish in the food processor… but I really wanted my four year old to see the big pieces of her favorite cracker snack in there. By the way, the peeps that make Goldfish have no clue about this post. Or recipe for that matter… hmmm maybe they will now & send me some product. Because they go fast in my house.
In my house, we still call them that. And lunch meat is “robot meat” and wet burritos are “Wet Fun-rittos” Do you have “other” names for food? Maybe it’s just us…
Anyway- these are coated with Panko crumbs as well. Since I was going for the “chunky breading” that was my filler. However, feel free to use an all cracker breading if you prefer.
I lightly sauteed them in oil, and finished off the cooking process in the oven on a cooking grate. Like this:
goldfish crusted chicken nuggets
- 1/2 bag of Goldfish crackers crushed
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 chicken breast cut into nugget sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- In three separate bowls place the following:one with flour, one with the beaten egg, and one with the Panko and crackers combined.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, then the egg, and finally the cracker-crumb mixture
- Heat oil on a non stick skillet over medium high heat
- Place coated nuggets into skillet, and cook each side until golden
- Place on a cooking grid over a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.