peanut butter fluff bites~ think of it as fluffy peanut butter coated in dark chocolate…
A little while ago, Foodbuzz commissioned me to create a recipe using COOL WHIP whipped topping as an ingredient. Easy, right? The hard part was deciding which recipe to create and share. I have a collection of recipes that use COOL WHIP as an ingredient, some oldies that are handwritten on scraps of paper, to old and yellowed clippings from newspapers of days gone by.More recently, I got a recipe from a fellow mom- that I jotted down by coping it on a index card off her cell phone. Ahh, the joys of modern technology- instant recipe access for when you’re cruising the grocery store isles.
This recipe is an adaptation of one I had written down for “homemade 3 musketeers bars” Of course, these are
a little totally different.
Because I’m known to add peanut butter to a lot of things. I also LOVE this recipe because it’s no-bake. I’m not sure about where you live, but it’s nearing 90 these days where I live.
To make these you mix 2 1/2 cups melted peanut butter chips with 12 ounces of COOL WHIP, then you spread it in a pan that has been lined with waxed paper. Like this:
Once you have it in the pan, freeze it for two hours.
Next, you cut them into squares or rectangles. I did an assortment because I was having one of those indecisive days.
Store them in the fridge if they don’t all get eaten in the first hour. 🙂
peanut butter fluff bites
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 12 ounces COOL WHIP whipped topping about 1 and 1/2 containers~ thawed in fridge
- For the coating:
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream OR
- 1 bag candy coating chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chips in 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Add to the cool whip, and stir until smooth
- Spread onto a 8"square pan, that had been lined with waxed paper.
- Place in the freezer for two or more hours.
- Cut into squares and return to freezer until ready to dip.
- To prepare coating:
- Melt the chocolate chips and cream over a double boiler until smooth. Or, if using candy melts, melt according to package directions.
- Working in batches, dip each square and place in refrigerator to set.
- Store in refrigerator.
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received coupons for free COOL WHIP Whipped Topping and a stipend. Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. What you add makes it. #coolwhipmoms
You must be logged in to post a comment.