These came out of a craving for a chocolate glazed doughnut hole. I’m not sure what even triggered it, either. Usually it’s spaghetti I crave. I can see a picture of cooked spaghetti and I’m doomed. All day I’m thinking pasta. But, for some reason.. it was a chocolate glazed doughnut this time.
No, I’m not pregnant. Yes, I wouldn’t mind being pregnant… but I’m not sure if that is in His plan.
Anyway… chocolate doughnut muffins. I’m pretty sure these are a little healthier than the fried doughnuts… they’re baked, at least. Slightly booty-friendly.
I also can guarantee that I will be making a vanilla version of these as well. Within a week… or a day.
I found this recipe to be the ultimate multi-tasker: it’s a grab n go breakfast, a dinnertime dessert and a lunchbox treat. It’s miniature, so it’s also portion controlled that way.
Now: Here’s the good part for the busy people out there: It’s made with a cake mix, but it doesn’t taste like it. The reason? A few clever substitutions= homemade taste.
Trust me. 😉
glazed chocolate doughnut muffins
- i box chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 table spoon melted butter
- Depending on your cake mix instructions, replace 1/2 of the oil called for with melted butter (example if it calls for 1/2 cup oil: use 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup oil)
- Replace the water called for in the box directions with milk
- Prepare the rest according to package directions, using a mini muffin pan for the batter.
- Bake as directed.
- While cooking, combine the powdered sugar and milk and the tablespoon of melted butter in a bowl.
- You may need to add more or less sugar or milk to get the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Dip[each muffin top in the glaze, and allow to harden.