cinnamon pancakes with caramel apple topping~ breakfast meets Fall
Most of y’all know I was sick all last week. And, this being a food blog- the last thing I wanted to do was cook. So, that meant not a lot of material to post. However, it did give me a chance to catch up on recipe reading. And make lots of lists. I think I have enough “want-to-make” recipes for the next decade.
There’s more lists going on as well- there is the list of chores I’m behind on, the list of crafts I want to do, people I need to call, places I gotta go…I guess that’s the one productive thing about being sick. It made me make very detail, organized lists.
And… I’m a bit behind on my “get it done by Dec 19th” plan. Oh dear. Hmmm, I will have to make up for that somehow.
Anyway, these pancakes are tasty. And, I’m more of a waffle girl- so, that’s saying a lot. The cinnamon marries so perfectly with the sweet-tart caramel apple topping, and the caramel sauce replaces the syrup you’d normally use- it’s a nice change from the ordinary.
I wish there were more pics to share, but I have to say, I was a bit of a zombie when I was preparing these- and I wasn’t sure if it would even be a post. Bit, they came out so tasty, I had to share it. Hope you enjoy!
|cinnamon pancakes with caramel apple topping||
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- For the pancakes:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Add the apple and cook until tender, add the cream and continue to cook until creamy.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla and cinnamon.
- Gently fold the mixtures together and cook on a preheated griddle, by 1/4 cup increments.
- Flip pancakes once bubbles appear on top, and repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with the caramel apples.
You must be logged in to post a comment.