chicken pot pie burgers~think of it as a pot pie in a bun.
These originated as a croquet recipe that was morphed into a veggie pattie with chicken. I know, that’s an ox-moron. That’s why I named them “pot pie burgers”
Makes sense now, right?
I have a little confession to make: I’m known to nibble these as cold leftovers straight out of the fridge. I’m also known to snack on croutons as well.
Croutons rock. They should sell them in the potato chip isle.
To make these, you take some chicken breast (cooked and shredded) some sauteed veggies (onions, carrots and celery) and an egg and some (homemade preferably) breadcrumbs.
Shape into patties and coat with bread crumbs, then you pan saute them. It’s that easy. You can totally do it with that leftover rotisserie chicken you picked up on Tuesday because you forgot to defrost the ___________ in the morning before work. I love me some leftover chicken recipes. 😉
chicken pot pie "burgers"
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- In a saucepan saute the carrot, onion and celery with 1 tablespoon butter until tender
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken,seasonings, bread crumbs and veggies with the egg.
- Mix well and shape into patties.
- Dredge each patty in bread crumbs.
- Cook in a (nonstick or well greased) frying pan over medium-high heat for 4 minutes each side. Don't flip too early.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favorite condiments.
You must be logged in to post a comment.