So, I’ve got this little search box thing-y here and it tells me what you guys are searching for. This happens to be a big one. So, I made it for y’all searchers. See how much I ♥ you?!
There’s some other odd things that show up… but I don’t think I will ever be making pigs’ feet. Ewww.
I realize it’s been awhile since I have done a household news section here…
So, let’s insert the news station music “doo-dee-doo-deet deet deet”
Remember the baby turtles my hubby got me? They’re growing. I need to take pictures.
Today is my stepdaughter’s last day of school for 3rd grade. Soon, she’ll be going up north to spend the summer with her grandmother. Which means I will have to re-train myself to not serve as many plates at dinnertime.
I still want to get chickens, but I may have to wait until after vacation time. I don’t have a chicken-sitter lined up.
It’s hot here..and I am thinking of buying an ice cream maker for that reason. Or a table top fan.
My booty will probably prefer the fan. Oh well…
Back to casserole:
Take some chicken boobies:
Top it with sliced almonds, and shredded cheddar. Hint: Buy pre-sliced almonds. It will take you forever to slice them, and you may lose a portion of a finger while doing it…bad idea.
I served mine with big ol fluffy biscuits. Because biscuits are darn tasty. Don’t you think?
|chicken almond casserole||
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 c fresh green beans
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 c corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp chicken broth granules
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 c milk
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place the diced chicken in a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbs butter. Add the celery, onion,garlic and carrots and corn.
- saute over med heat until tender.
- Add 1/2 c water and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, chicken broth granules and other seasonings.
- Mix in the milk and add to the pot.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir to combine.
- Top with almonds and cheese and bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.