Ahhh, summertime~ watermelon, cherries, plums, peaches, cookouts, camping, beach trips and…. s’mores.
S’mores is the quintessential outdoor dessert.
Of course. I morphed it into an indoor dessert.
A layer of toasted marshmallows, chocolate ganache and a graham cracker crust.Pair is with a char-grilled burger, some potato salad and you have summer on a plate.
I made my graham cracker crust from scratch, because I wanted this in a tart form, but- feel free to use a store brought graham crust… you won’t have to turn the oven on for very long that way. Pre-made pie crusts are very energy- efficient that way.
I hope everyone is having a nice summer… I know summer is like the rest of the year for most of y’all, because there’s still work and the usual routine of things. It’s life, only hotter.
But, try to take a moment to enjoy the things that are only in Summer. Things like…
no homework battles
no school uniform wars
watermelon, peaches, plums, cherries, avocados, mangoes, apricots, nectarines….
beach and lake trips
being able to see sunsets and sunrises
brightly colored toes
tank tops & sundresses
crickets at night
big salads with grilled chicken and ice cream for dessert
no ice scraping or big heavy coats
… of course there’s more. I’m sure you have your own favorites for summer…. right?
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- marshmallows- either large or small
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and sided of a 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom
- bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips with the cream until smooth.
- Pour into cooled tart shell.
- Top with marshmallows and place under broiler for 15-30 seconds. WATCH CAREFULLY!
- Place in the fridge for the ganache to set, at least 4 hours, preferably, overnight.