Perfect cut out sugar cookies~ they hold their shape, stay chewy, and are delicious.
You see… I have made lots of cut-outs in my time… sometimes they come out in blobs after they’re baked, and other times they hold their shape, but they are way too crisp and dry. And I happen to be a chewy cookie girl. If it’s homemade, it should taste homemade, you know?! Who wants to hear “They taste store-bought!” No way. Not me.
So: I made a video of these.
It was rainy. I was bored.
I’m a little weird.
I’m sure you understand. 🙂
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
perfect cut out cookies
Chewy and delicious and they hold their shape!
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg (large)
- 3-31/2 cups all purpose flour
- Beat the butter, shortening, sugar and extracts together until fluffy.
- Add egg, mix well
- Add in the salt and flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2 " thickness and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12-14 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.