No… really they’re easy.
The flowers? Those are the ones I made with royal icing… remember I said they keep forever?!
(They finally came in handy!)
The ingredients? Chances are, you have them already in your pantry. I know you’re busy…I know you want to make a homemade treat, but you don’t want to turn on the oven or go to the store. I got ya covered. 🙂
It’s hitting the 90s where I am. The oven has been banned for a while. I suppose it needs a break after the holidays, anyway.
These treats contain one of my favorite ingredients: sweetened condensed milk. Man, have you ever tried that? It’s like sweet liquid vanilla creme. I am always looking for fun ways to use it…mainly so I can steal a spoon of it. (shhhh…)
Add to the liquids: peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla… and you have the best peanut butter filling ever. It reminds me of the middle of Nutter Butters. Mmmm, and yes… I used to just eat the middle out when I was a kid. (shhh)
I also did right with melting chocolate chips in a double boiler…
I melted 1 bag of dark chocolate chips, and added 1/2 c cream, that makes for ganache. Oh yes… there’s leftovers , too. I am already dreaming up how to use it. Macarons are beckoning me and my booty. 😉
I dipped these, but I didn’t go for the full dip. Why? I just wasn’t in the mood after my previous eggs
The little roses were laying around. Really. Remember when I took all my cake classes? Well, I practiced my flowers with royal icing… and when you allow royal icing to dry, it keeps forever. So… YAY! One less step. But, I know you may not have little flowers laying around, because chances are you’re not a icing flower nerd like me. So, if you don’t have any, you can top them with:
melted white chocolate
or banana & bacon bits. Come on, channel your inner Elvis for the last one. 😉
Recipe: peanut butter eggs
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
- 3 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the milk, butter, peanut butter salt and vanilla.
- Add in the sugar, 1 lb at first, and adjust until a dough mass is formed.
- Shape into egg shapes, set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 c of the heavy cream- in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Dip eggs in chocolate
- Store in fridge
- Add leftover cream to remaining chocolate, and store in a covered bowl in the fridge for truffles, fillings,etc.
Meal type: dessert
Microformatting by hRecipe.