Pasta salad is one of those great things to make on Sundays… then you have an instant side dish or snack all week long. It’s also great for road trips and hurricanes. But, don’t take a road trip during a hurricane. Got it? Good.
So… tomorrow I’m going to mark an anniversary that will age me another year….
and, last night I had a dream that I was 18 & leaving on a plane with a tiny bag and a loaf of bread to go get married. In Ireland. ( To Bono.)
( yes, I know he’s hitched & so am I.)
I’m really not sure how to interpret that situation.
So, since I’m not going to Ireland today (but I’m totally planning on pub-hopping for my 40th) I decided to make a list of 38 things to try to do this year. ( Since I’m almost 37…) Some are left overs from last years post, some are new…some are ridiculous- and some really matter. So, once again here is my list in no particular order.
38) sew a quilt and some retro sundresses
37) learn to knit
36) knit booties for my pregnant friend
35) finish my children’s book
34) submit more cookbook queries
33) hang out with my sister & nephews more
32) spend time with my friends more ( y’all know who you are: Nicole, Ali, Denise, Patricia, Tina, Jami…)
31) paint and decorate the bedroom
30) go on another blogging adventure
29) make more cooking videos (for here and elsewhere)
28) watch my girls turn 5 &11
27) go to San Fransisco this November for Foddbuzz
26) camp again
25) have another Keys vacation
24) do the Little Havana food tour
23) do the South Beach food tour
22) take more cooking classes
21) splurge and get a Diana Mini
20) re-vamp my site
19) figure out how to pay for #20 &21
18) take a stained glass & pottery course
17) figure out what color to do my hair
16) finish reading the Bible
15) get a hen (or four)
14) build a coop before #15
13) organize the garage into a sewing room
12) have coffee m lunches with Mrs. Turner
11) hang out with my mama more
10) conquer weeds in the garden
09) plant a veggie garden that feeds us instead of the bugs and squirrels.
08) go bike riding more
07) catch a Wahoo
06) fondue more
05) can more
03) plant a tree
02) try to make at least one stranger happier- even if it’s just for a moment
01) make a point to acknowledge the overlooked in the world.
I think that’s it. I’m sure I’m going to hit publish and remember 40 more things. Oh well.
Now: I kn0w you’re only here for the food 🙂
- 8 ox pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- other add ins: sliced pepperoni, broccoli, carrots, green peppers,
- Cook pasta according to box directions
- In a bowl, combine the dressings, toss with the pasta.
- You can add a few tablespoons Canola oil ( or flax oil) if it’s too dry
- Toss in the veggies & cheese
- Chill for a few hours & enjoy!