This should be called crazy easy idiot proof candy.
Just an idea.
It’s insanely easy, and you can impress your family and friends with a little holiday tin of homemade fudge with less effort than watering plants.
Did I mention it’s peanut butter and chocolate? Oh yes.
My kid stopped liking peanut butter about a year ago. I’m starting to wonder who her mom is now. Because I LOVE peanut butter. She used to love peanut butter, and I even tried to tempt her with these. Nope. I tried Resses Peanut Butter Cups… nada.
If only I could get her to feel the same way about Butterfingers.
A few notes about this recipe: It takes a while for it to set… several hours. Be patient. It does firm up into a smooth and creamy fudge. Depending on the humidity in the air, and how cold your fridge is, I almost tossed this recipe as a fail when it hadn’t set up after several hours in the fridge, but I decided to “sleep on it” and I woke up to the best bi layer fudge I have had in years. 🙂
double layer fudge
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 9 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 9 ounces peanut butter chips
- Line an 8x8" pan with foil
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 can of milk with the chocolate chips
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, or until chips are melted
- Spread onto prepared pan
- Wash bowl, if necessary.
- Melt the peanut butter chips with the remaining milk and repeat process to melt the chips.
- Spread over the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- refrigerate for 6-8 hours, or until set.
You must be logged in to post a comment.