taco casserole~ one of the best pantry casseroles ever!!!
This is perfect for when you want tacos but don’t want to spend time making them. I’m the designated “taco assembler” in the house, so when we have tacos I have to assemble them according to each family members’ preferences. Sometimes, I’m a lazy mama & want to just dump it all in a pan and call it a dish…
You gotta love casserole recipes. Something about bubbly melted cheese….
To make this, you brown up some: (choose one) ground beef, tofu, turkey, or Chorizo. Hey.. you could even use black beans, also.
I used lean ground beef. I mixed in 1/2 cup of re-fried beans.
And taco seasoning, of course. (Duh!) 😉
And, salsa goes with chips and cheese
I can’t help but think of that corny song in school:
The hip bone’s connected to the thigh bone
the thigh bone’s connected to the knee bone….
What a disappointment to learn that that song has no correct medical terminology. I’m glad I didn’t rely on it in my college anatomy & physiology course.
Anyway, here’s my casserole song:
The meat product goes on the bottom,
don’t forget your season-ins
the meat goes with the corn chips
the chips go with the salsa
the salsa goes with some more chips
and top it all off with cheese
How about that?
You just bake it till it’s bubbly. ( a.k.a 350 for 15-20 minutes)
- Anyway, here’s my casserole song:
- The meat product goes on the bottom,
- don’t forget your season-ins
- the meat goes with the corn chips
- the chips go with the salsa
- the salsa goes with some more chips
- and top it all off with cheese
- Brown 1 lb meat & mix in taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup re-fried beans
- Top with tortilla chips
- Top with salsa
- Top with more chips
- Top with cheese
- jalapenos, more re-fried beans, corn, olives, flour tortillas in place of a chip layer, etc. HAVE FUN WITH IT! 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.