There are times when I don’t do homemade. Call it too busy, lazy, or being a mama- there are times when I whip up a box of something.
But… that doesn’t mean I can’t add my own “stuff” to it.
Take for instance, these peanut butter brownie cups:
The peanut butter filling is a knockoff of the Reeses’ one in the peanut butter cups. Salty-sweet.Oh yeah! I love me some salty-sweet-chocolate stuff.
To make these all by yourself, or with the help of what ever kitchen helper is around, all you have to do is prepare brownies according to package directions, and instead of placing the batter in a pan, place it in a muffin tin. Use liners. Silicone ones if you have them. Then, add a dollop of the peanut butter mixture right in the center.
It’s that easy.
It’s okay to be lazy sometimes. In fact, it’s fun.
It’s also okay to eat brownies for lunch sometimes.
Just don’t tell your mom. 😉
|peanut butter brownie cups||
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs melted salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup finely ground graham crackers
- Mix all together.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed.
- Instead of using a pan, use a muffin tin that has been well greased or (preferably) lined with silicone liners.
- Fill each 3/4 way to the top.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of peanut mixture in each.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.