I made a pasta salad over the weekend. And, a seaside cake. But, since my last post was cake.. I thought I’d give you a break on cake. See how much I love y’all?!
Speaking of cake, I may attempt some of those cake pops later… we’ll see. I have a lot of leftover cake from leveling. Since we’re on the topic of sweets, let me tell you about my dream last night. Since I remember it right now, I probably won’t remember it in an hour.
I was making a dessert for a contest of some sort… it was coconut, pralines and evaporated milk…baked up in a casserole. Seriously, I don’t know what on earth I was thinking…err dreaming when I made that last night in dreamland.
But, my old boss’s mother in law liked it. Yeah, weird dream.
Now, back to pasta salad:
Pasta salad is great hurricane food.
If there’s a hurricane heading your way, make up a big ol batch of pasta salad. It’s a great way to use up scraps of leftover veggies and splashes of salad dressing.
It’s a fabric scrap. I am hoping Santa brings me a sewing machine so I can make a ton-o-napkins with matching aprons. Oh yeah, so June Cleaver. Heck, I may even bust out some pearls, and clean the house.
Because, when your apon matches your napkins…. you have to have a tidy house. 😉
- 1 16oz box vegetable pasta spirals, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 4 oz. sliced olives
- 4 sun dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- handful of fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper to taste.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Toss in dressing and assorted veggies.
- Allow to sit, covered in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Makes a huge bowl.
You must be logged in to post a comment.