Manicotti~who doesn’t love pasta and cheese?
One thing I love about baked dishes… is that you can assemble them early, get the kitchen cleaned up and then sit back while it bubbles away in the oven. Unless you forget to turn the oven on.
Then, you sit back and wonder why you can’t smell it baking.
Dinner plan delay.
Other things that can cause unnecessary delays:
Bickering children, muddy paws, spilled milk and having to go pee because you drank too much sweet tea at lunch.
And, let’s not forget the texter in front of you at the stoplight that missed the green because she wasn’t paying attention. I always get behind those. Okay, sometimes, I’m one of those myself. 😉
So, as I’m typing this… the news is showing these people that are camping outside of the new Chick-Fil-A that’s opening today, and people are literally camping out there. Tents and everything, man. I live in a pretty big metropolitan area. Does this happen where you live? I know one lucky person will get free food for a year, but… really?
When I posted my pic on Facebook of this, someone thought it was ears of corn in tomato sauce. My white balance was waaaay off.
But, I promise, it’s manicotti.
- 1 box Manicotti noodles cooked
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- fresh pepper
- your favorite tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- In a bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, Parmesan, and seasonings
- Fill each cooled noodle with cheese mixture.
- (using a zip-top bag with one corner cut off works great for filling)
- Place 1/2 cup of sauce in a casserole dish
- Arrange noodles on top
- Pour remaining sauce over noodles.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheese and cook another 5 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.