Whenever I tell people I’m going to make macarons, they always say: “Oh you mean Macaroons; right?”
Then I have to explain, “No these are French cookies. Macarons.” Then they just nod and say, “Oh, okay.” Kind of like when you can’t understand a toddler or someone with a really heavy accent, and you don’t want to keep asking, “What? Huh?” So, you just let it go.
Speaking of letting it go…
A while ago, I decided to let go of all the things that ever hurt or upset me. It was really a hard thing to do… much easier said than done. But- I highly recommend it.
Life is so much better when you just let it go.
Anyways… oooo I am getting myself a watch. Soon. I decided that I need a watch, because I hate digging in my purse for my cell phone. Life will be much easier with a clock attached to a body part. I think I want one of those 1980’s ones that shows the moon cycles. Or a Swatch. Or, a dollar store digital. Or, maybe a rockin’ calculator watch….
I got my 1st watch once I learned how to tell time as a reward from my mom; It was a boys Snoopy watch- when he was dressed as the Red Baron. It got stolen in my class, I had taken it off to use the bathroom (hand washing) and it was gone when I came back. Jake Smiley took it. He wore it the next day, but… he said his mama got it for him. It was one 1st grade word against another. It sucked. I found the watch on Ebay a few months back, damn thing was $80.00. Oh well. Yes, I let that go, too.
Maybe I will get a different Snoopy watch.
Now, these aren’t perfect macarons. They needed to be folded a little bit more, because they are sitting too high, they need smoother tops. But… I’m not perfect, either- so these macaron suit me real nice.
Wanna know my imperfections?
I’m a cookbook and purse addict.
I have a hard time hanging the dishtowel back up.
I’m always low on gas.
I don’t vacuum my car enough, but I vacuum the house too much.
I’m not a great gardener, but I can grow some weeds.
Oh, there’s more…but let’s get baking.
Now: I made a mess with these, and I’ll be doing a little post on my mess soon.
‘Cause I keep it real. 😉
Oooo! I filled these with some of that icing I got from Signature Brands. I know, there are French pastry chefs out there cursing me. “You silly American. Those are not macarons!”
Ooo, really? Then I can just call them mamarons. “And they’re mine, all mine! Muhahahaha!”
It’s that good.
|cookies n cream macarons||
- 2 egg whites from large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 5 tbs granulated sugar
- 2 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 pouch Oreo cookies n cream icing
- Preheat oven to 350class
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour and powdered sugar pulse until fine. Set aside.
- In a mixer, place the egg whites and beat until foamy (bubble bath texture) slowly beat in the granulated sugar and class continue to beat until thick and stiff (shaving cream texture)
- Gently fold the two mixtures together and mix by hand until smooth
- Place mixture in a piping bag
- Pipe into 1″ circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place 1 tsp of filling (icing) on the smooth side of cookie, and sandwich together.
Adapted from David Lebovitz