I am not sure if these are chocolate scones, biscuits or somewhere in between. What I do know is that they’re fluffy, crusty and studded with chocolate chips. Spread with a bit of Nutella or chocolate ganache- they’re divine, darling!
But… we still ate: roasted chicken with new potatoes, wet burritos, grilled cheese and tomatoes, cookies..chicken salad sandwiches…yes, it was a feast-ful week. Despite my mood.
Maybe I spent too much time in my kitchen painting it last week? I managed to bake a few things, but the mood wasn’t there.
I lost my mood and need to find it.
Anyway, what I have felt like doing is changing. Lots of things. Does that ever happen to you?
Maybe it’s my biological clock? Oh dear, not that again… I hit snooze a while back and … oh dear… not this again.
Hmmm. I will worry about that tomorrow.
So- are these scones, biscuits or cookies? I can’t tell.
Maybe they’re all 3?
Have an awesome day!
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse together the butter, cream cheese,sugar,cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder until it looks like a coarse meal.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and add the milk and stir. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- (mixture will be sticky)
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheet. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in a preheated 450 oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve with: Nutella chocolate spread, or cream cheese.