Kentucky firecrackers~ finally! Something to do with saltines!
My husband bugged me for 48 hours to make these. It’s another recipe discovery from him for this site… he’s now up to 3 recipes here. Atomic buffalo turds and Hawaiian poke are the other two. (In case you were wondering)
Anyway, ha found it on one of his “man” sites (sports stuff) and showed it to me, they seemed weird… so I made them.
As weird as they sounded, they are AWESOME! It’s crazy how good they were. And, it’s crazy how you make them.
You basically dump this all over a whole box of saltines. Well, take the saltines out of the box, unwrap them, place them in a big ol’ bowl and then dump this on them.
Then you get messy by gently turning them over and over to coat them.
Tasty saltines. And… yes yes yes… they stay crisp. It’s magic, man.
And, it makes a ton! Fancy flavored artisan crackers are normally $4 bucks for a teeny box, this is the version for when you aren’t feeling all fancy, but still want some good crackers.
I think they need another name, though.
Not sure what saltines have to do with Kentucky.
- 1 1/3 cups canola oil
- 1/8 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (powdered form)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the contents of one whole box of saltine crackers.
- Using your hands, toss crackers gently to coat.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Best if allowed to sit overnight, to allow seasonings to blend.
You must be logged in to post a comment.